|Release date: 2/18/2016
NORTHRIDGE, CA (February 18, 2016) – Nature Made®, a leading national vitamin and supplement brand, announced that Nature Made Adult Gummies Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Energy B12 and Fish Oil have all received the United States Pharmacopeia (USP) Verified Mark. These are the first vitamin gummies on the market from any brand to receive this quality verification, which indicates that the products meet stringent criteria for purity and potency.
USP conducts audits of manufacturing facilities, including procedures and records to ensure products and/or ingredients meet USP guidelines and standards, which are more stringent than FDA current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) requirements. For a vitamin or supplement product to successfully meet USP’s rigorous testing and auditing criteria, the product must:
- Contain the ingredients listed on the label, in the declared potency and amounts
- Not contain harmful levels of specified contaminants
- Break down and release into the body within a specified amount of time
- Be made according to FDA cGMP’s using sanitary and well-controlled procedures
“Nature Made is an industry leader in producing high-quality dietary supplements and has been a long time participant in USP’s voluntary Dietary Supplement Verification Program,” said John Atwater, Ph.D., senior director of USP’s verification programs. “Since these were the first gummy supplements that USP has verified, USP worked closely with its scientific experts to develop and implement new quality tests specifically for this unique dosage form. The Nature Made brand truly represents quality as further evidenced by its USP verified gummy supplements. We are pleased to announce that a select number of Nature Made gummy supplements have passed USP’s rigorous verification tests and evaluations and has been awarded the distinctive USP Verified Mark.”
Nature Made Adult Gummies are a great way to take vitamins every day and are available in delicious, all-natural fruit flavors. The first Adult Gummies to earn USP approval are:
- Nature Made Energy B12 Adult Gummies contain 1000 mcg of vitamin B12 per serving to support cellular energy production by helping the body convert food into energy.†
- Nature Made Fish Oil Adult Gummies provide heart healthy omega-3s EPA and DHA, with 57 mg of EPA and DHA per serving. †
- Nature Made Vitamin C Adult Gummies are an excellent source of vitamin C, containing 250 mg per 2 gummies. Vitamin C helps support the immune system, and helps iron get absorbed in the body. †
- Nature Made Vitamin D Adult Gummies contain 2000 IU of vitamin D3 per serving, the body’s preferred form of vitamin D. Vitamin D helps support bone, teeth, muscle and immune health; and helps improve calcium absorption. †
Updated labels containing the USP Verified Mark for these four products will start to ship in March. Nature Made will launch a multi-million dollar national advertising campaign, including TV and digital platforms, to promote the USP approval of Adult Gummies. The remaining products in the Adult Gummies line are currently undergoing USP review and are expected to receive USP verification within the year. Learn more about Adult Gummies and other Nature Made products at NatureMade.com.
The United States Pharmacopeia (USP) is a scientific, nonprofit organization that sets federally recognized public standards of quality for medicines, dietary supplements, and foods. USP has been establishing standards since 1820, and today USP standards are used by manufacturers and regulators in more than 140 countries. While others may provide testing and quality seals, USP is the only standards-setting organization recognized in U.S. federal law that offers third-party verification. To learn more about USP dietary supplement standards, visit www.usp.org/dietary-supplements/overview.
About Nature Made
Nature Made® is the number one selling national vitamin and supplement brand in traditional retail scanning outlets.* Distributed by Pharmavite, Nature Made was the first national vitamin brand to earn the United States Pharmacopeia’s Verified Mark for many of its products. The dietary supplement industry is regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the Federal Trade Commission.
*Calculation based on data reported by Nielsen through its Scantrack Service for the vitamin category for 52 week periods ending 2007–2015 for xAOC and FDM Markets.
†These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
# # #